Autor Thema: Internet Dissconnects [english]  (Gelesen 4518 mal)

Offline bcr

Internet Dissconnects [english]
« am: 18. Februar 2017, 07:01:30 »
Hallo,

Sorry I don't speak German.

I am a Breitband customer in Binningen for Cable Internet. My internet is going down at least one time each day for about 5 minutes. I do not know why. My cable modem is set to DHCP and all the lights stay on. When it happens I login to the router and can not ping with the utilities. If I reboot or wait it comes back.

Any advice??

Offline Kakadu

Re: Internet Dissconnects [english]
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Februar 2017, 10:26:18 »
Is there any kind of pattern on which time it is going down? I would not exclude that the router itself could be damaged ... Please ask ImproWare-Support to trace down server side device access. They should see that in their log ...

Offline bcr

« Antwort #2 am: 18. Februar 2017, 13:51:29 »
Hello,

No there is no set pattern to the problem.  It occurs at random times during the day. I have logged a few tickets with breitband, but haven't had any service improvement.

My DHCP lease seems to be only valid for 24 hours, so it happens at least when the lease expires, sometimes more often. The router was brand new from Breitband ARRIS TG2492.  It's overkill for my needs as I have my own wireless router I am happy to use.  Can somebody suggest one I can buy from Mediamarkt or elsewhere that is just a modem. Maybe I can swap it out and update the Mac Address

Regards

Offline Kakadu

« Antwort #3 am: 18. Februar 2017, 16:27:17 »
There should be no problem using your own DOCSIS cable modem – as long as it also supports US-DOCSIS (and not only EuroDOCSIS! Be aware of that. The difference is bandwidth: US-DOCSIS uses 6MHz and EuroDOCSIS 8 MHz as Bandwidth. Combined 3x 8MHz is equal 4x 6MHz what makes US-DOCSIS slightly more flexible (that's why ImproWare uses US- and not EuroDOCSIS).

But first ask them to give you "just a simple cable modem" that can be used as bridge (and not as router) as you have your own network router. As said: I would not exclude that your cable-router-mode could be faulty. Replacing it (just for a short test period) should show that.

Ask them to send you a simple cable modem (usable as bridge) for a short period.

tomclan

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 20. April 2017, 09:55:32 »
Same problem for me  ;D

Offline semih

« Antwort #5 am: 03. Mai 2017, 11:43:08 »
Hello everyone

I have the same problem like OP. My internet disconnects and connects again, and guess what? I've got the same Modem which is arris TG2492.

Doesn't matter if you use with or without Bridge modus, the connection still disconnects. Improware support claims that my Modem didn't have disconnects, but i'm the one with this Problem.

I also want to change this Modem.

anything